Choosing the right size
If you purchased the wrong size, you can of course always exchange. But to save time, money and the environment together, we want to help you choose the right size as best we can.
Therefore, some tips:
- The measurements listed with the clothing are always the measurements of the garment, not the measurements of you or your child. Be sure to keep this in mind if a garment should/needs to be non-stretchy. So often it is also helpful to measure a similar garment.
- the length of a garment is always measured at the back, in the middle of the neck
- the width of a sweater, T-shirt or dress is measured at chest level, from armpit to armpit
- the circumference of a sweater, T-shirt or dress is also measured at chest level
- For pants, it is stated whether the circumference/width was measured at the elastic "at rest" or "stretched"
- the length of the pant legs is always measured from the crotch across the inside of the leg (the inside hem) to the end of the pant leg
- Svaha clothing lists US sizes, which roughly correspond to the table below, but even then we recommend always checking as European sizes also vary from brand to brand and often even from garment to garment. Svaha's clothing is 100% cotton but not stiff. The fabric is always slightly stretchy so you always have some margin.
US size EU size XS 34 S 36-38 M 38-40 L 42-44 XL 44-46 2X 48-50 3X 52-54 4X 56-58 5X 60-62
- Retrolicious's clothing does not stretch much, if at all, so here the margin is very small.
- As for children, most of our garments are easy to use growing up:
- T-shirts and short-sleeved dresses are easy to use for a few growth spurts (e.g., in the case of a below-the-knee to above-the-knee dress, possibly with leggings).
- Long sleeves are easy to fold over
- 3/4 sleeves can easily start as 7/8 sleeves
- Furthermore, we choose fabrics that easily endure all seasons, with layers for fall/winter or without layers for summer/spring.